How to apply
Information for applicants applying for vacancies in Roads and Maritime Services.
The Roads and Maritime workforce is as diverse as the operations and services we undertake.
When you join Roads and Maritime you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
A career with us will give you the chance to work on history-making projects, making a real difference to the communities and businesses of NSW. If you're passionate about customer focused service delivery, we can help you drive your future forward.Find out more about working with us.
Here are some important steps when applying for a job with us:
- Read the job advertisement carefully and note the closing date.
- Get the information package for the job. You can usually download the package from the job advertisement or phone the contact person named in the advertisement.
- If you need more information speak to the contact person named in the advertisement after you have read the information package.
- Prepare your 'claim for the position'. This is the most important part of the application. To write this, make a separate heading for each selection criterion and describe your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experience and how you can use them in the job.
- Include your resume in your application. Include: personal details, education and training, employment history, skills/experience outside of paid work, and contact details for two referees.
- Submit your application by the closing date.
First time applicants
Is this the first time you're applying for a Government position? There are a few things that are important to know (when) applying for jobs in Roads and Maritime Services:
- We are an equal employment employer
All members of the community have access to employment at Roads and Maritime and an applicant is not discriminated against because they belong to a particular group.
- We use a merit selection process to engage new staff
Selection is based only on a person's ability to perform the work. All eligible members of the community have a fair chance to gain a job with Roads and Maritime. The person most suited to the job is selected.
- You need to properly complete all parts of the job application for it to be eligible
See how to apply for more information.
- A selection panel usually interviews and selects
If you are eligible you will be interviewed by more than one person.
Roads and Maritime welcomes skilled specialists from anywhere across the globe.
We operate across NSW. Our head office is located in Sydney and we have a number of regional sites across NSW, each offering their own unique benefits and opportunities.
We are looking for staff with skills in areas where we have shortages, particularly engineering specialists in bridge engineering and road design.
For permanent jobs with Roads and Maritime, you need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For most temporary jobs, you only need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.