Early opening for Deadman's Creek Bridge

Friday, 30 October 2015

Melanie Gibbons MP, the State Member for Holsworthy, has announced that the newly constructed Deadman’s Creek Bridge is now open for use.

The NSW Government funded project includes a new two way, 12.6 metre wide bridge across Deadman’s Creek to replace the existing 69 year old structure, as well as a road realignment and intersection upgrade at St George Crescent.

This wasn’t expected to be finished until early 2016.

Ms Gibbons said “This has been an important infrastructure project that the State Government has been working on within the Holsworthy Electorate and something that was a major election promise of mine when I was first elected in 2011.

“I am excited to see that we have been able to deliver this project earlier than anticipated, which means the local residents should now have a much safer time using this road.

“Traffic has been moved onto a completed section of the bridge structure to allow further building work to continue on the road, the demolition of the existing bridge and the intersection upgrade at St George Crescent.”

“The $19Million project will be completed over the next few months, but we wanted people to have access to it as soon as possible”

In conjunction to this bridge opening, the Premier earlier this year announced $4Million to progress plans to widen Heathcote Road between Infantry Parade, Holsworthy and The Avenue, Voyager Point.

“This road widening, with the addition of the new bridge, will make this stretch of road safer than it has been in the past.

“Infrastructure is at the heart of this government and I’m glad to see the benefits being shown in our area.” Ms Gibbons said.

MEDIA: Daniel Nicholls 02 9825 3653

View or download the original media release

Share this page: