Safety screen to be installed on Eaglehawk Bridge at Sutton
Wednesday 4 May 2016
A safety screen will be installed on Eaglehawk Bridge next week to improve safety for motorists on the Federal Highway.
Member for Goulburn Pru Goward said the NSW Government has allocated $550,000 towards the project.
“Eaglehawk Bridge is on the McKeahnie Lane overpass on the Federal Highway at Sutton and is the latest bridge along the highway to have a safety screen installed,” Ms Goward said.
“Safety screens were installed in May last year on the Sutton Road overpass to discourage people from throwing objects at vehicles below.
“Throwing objects onto a highway where cars are travelling at speed is illegal, extremely dangerous and can easily result in a tragedy.”
Work on Eaglehawk Bridge will start on Monday 9 May and be carried out on weekdays between 7am and 5pm, weather permitting, until late June.
Changed traffic conditions will be in place for the safety of workers and motorists including lanes reduced from four to two across Eaglehawk Bridge and a reduced 40 km/h speed limit during work hours.
One lane will also be closed on the Federal Highway near Eaglehawk Bridge from 8am on Monday 9 May to 1pm on Friday 13 May with a reduced 40 km/h speed limit also in place.
Motorists are advised to adhere to the reduced speed limits and follow the direction of traffic control.
The community is thanked for its patience while work is carried out.
For the latest traffic information visit www.livetraffic.com, download the Live Traffic App or call the Transport Management Centre on 132 701.
MEDIA: Electorate office (02) 4822 6444
View the original media release.