$6 million project to widen Kidman Way south of Cobar continues to plan

25 MAY 2017

Member for Barwon Kevin Humphries is pleased to announce that work to upgrade Kidman Way, south of Cobar, to strengthen the road and improve safety for all road users is on track for mid-year completion.

Mr Humphries said the NSW Government provided $6 million for the work to widen the road, improve ride quality, motorist safety and sight distance, which is being completed in two stages.

“Kidman Way is an important route for the transportation of freight through western NSW with heavy vehicles making up 30 percent of the traffic on this road,” Mr Humphries said.

“Work involves strengthening and sealing the road to a width of 8.5 metres and providing a one metre shoulder on each side for improved safety for motorists.

“Drainage is also being improved and a new road surface is being installed.

“The first stage of the widening work started in August last year on a nine kilometre section of road, 39 kilometres south of Cobar, and was completed in March this year.

“The current stage of work is focused on a seven kilometre section of road, nine kilometres south of Cobar, with completion due at the end of June this year.”

Work is being carried out Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6pm, with the exception of public holidays, weather permitting.

Traffic is being diverted around the site on a 600m sealed side track which was built as part of the project to reduce the impact to passing traffic during work and to provide increased safety for workers on the road construction site.

For more information visit www.rms.nsw.gov.au

View the original media release.

Share this page: