Moss Vale Road closure as safety work continues
6 August 2018
Member for Kiama Gareth Ward MP has today announced that a safer Moss Vale Road is on the horizon as work continues this month to improve drainage and repair the road surface near Kangaroo Valley Road and carry out essential maintenance on Cambewarra Mountain.
Mr Ward said that the improvement work along Moss Vale Road is important as it will ensure a safer journey for residents and tourists using the road to access the region.
“I would like to thank the local community for their patience and understanding during work which to date has included:
- Slope repairs and stabilisation work following storm damage on Barrengarry and Cambewarra mountains
- Repairs and inspections on Hampden Bridge
- Road resurfacing between Grahams Road and Willowglen Road
- Drainage improvements to reduce the risk of flooding at Kangaroo Valley Road
- Essential maintenance including clearing gutters and drains, repairing guardrails and trimming vegetation
- Safety improvements including road widening, new signs and guardrail.
“The NSW Government has invested more than $5.2 million for safety improvements, maintenance and repair work on Moss Vale Road in the past 18 months.
“Roads and Maritime Services will carry out work on Moss Vale Road from Sunday 19th to Tuesday 21st August between 8pm and 4am, weather permitting.
“The road will be closed between Kangaroo Valley Road and Barfield Road and detours will be in place. This work is being carried out at night to reduce the impact to motorists and the community.
“Motorists are advised to drive to the conditions, follow the direction of signs and traffic control,” Mr Ward said.
For the latest traffic updates download the Live Traffic NSW App, visit livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
Roads and Maritime Services will update the community about further work along Moss Vale Road in coming months.