Free workshop for older road users at Bellingen
2 March 2018
Older road users are invited to attend a free two hour workshop to learn about changes to licensing rules and other matters that will help them stay safe when on the road.
The Member for Oxley, Melinda Pavey MP, said Roads and Maritime Services will hold an ‘Older Road User’ workshop on Thursday 15 March from 10am to 12pm - at the Bellingen Youth Hub on the corner of Church and Williams streets in Bellingen.
“The presentation will provide tips to improve road safety for older road users,” Mrs Pavey said.
The workshop will also let participants choose which type of road use topic is most relevant to them and will include:
- The four key health changes that can affect road user abilities
- Driver licensing after the age of 75
- Safe driving habits
- Safest car choices
- The use of mobility scooters
- Safe walking, use of bicycles and motorcycles
- Top 10 most misunderstood road rules in NSW.
Older road users are encouraged to make essential bookings by calling 02 6764 6623 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org