Have your say on night work on the Grande Parade and President Avenue at Brighton-Le-Sands
13 MAY 2016
Community members are invited to provide feedback on a proposed night work schedule for an additional right turn lane to be built from The Grande Parade into President Avenue at Brighton-Le-Sands.
A Roads and Maritime Services spokesperson said the NSW Government is funding this project as part of its $300 million program which aims to ease congestion on Sydney’s key southern corridors by improving major pinch points.
“At the end of last year, Roads and Maritime Services sought feedback on this proposal which will reduce congestion and improve traffic flow at this intersection,” the spokesperson said.
“The project also includes upgrading the traffic lights and pedestrian ramps, installing pedestrian fencing along The Grande Parade between President Avenue and Banks Street and relocating drainage infrastructure and bus stops.
“It is expected these changes will reduce the number of motorists queuing to turn right into President Avenue and improve traffic flow for motorists travelling through the intersection.
“The majority of comments supported the changes and community members can now comment on the proposed night work construction schedule.
“Work could be carried out from 8pm to 5am excluding Saturdays for five nights per week for 14 weeks or for up to three nights a week for 23 weeks.
“Saw cutting, jack hammering and breaking up concrete would be carried out before midnight to minimise the impact on residents.
“Feedback can be provided by Friday 20 May to project delivery partner Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture on 1800 677 700 or email email@example.com.
“All comments will be considered and work is expected to start in June, weather permitting.”
For more information on the project please visit rms.nsw.gov.au/projects
Media: ROADS AND MARITIME SERVICES MEDIA UNIT 8588 5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org