What we do
Enabling safe and efficient journeys throughout NSW.
Roads and Maritime Services is a NSW statutory authority established on 1 November 2011 under the Transport Legislation Amendment Act 2011. Roads and Maritime is a multi-modal transport agency within the broader Transport Cluster, known as Transport for NSW. Transport for NSW has responsibility for transport policy, planning and coordination functions, and the oversight of infrastructure delivery and asset management.
Roads and Maritime implements initiatives to improve movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
To enable safe and efficient journeys by:
- Managing the road network and optimising travel times
- Providing capacity and maintenance solutions for road and maritime infrastructure
- Educating and licensing drivers and vessel operators, and registering and inspecting vehicles and vessels
- Improving road and maritime safety.
Our vision is to be the leader in the management and delivery of safe, efficient and high quality services and infrastructure to the community and businesses of NSW.
Our vision is supported by three focus areas:
- customer focus
- efficiency and effectiveness, and
- impact and reputation.
Our values underpin every decision we make and our behaviour when working with customers, colleagues, stakeholders and partners.
- Customer focus - We place the customer at the centre of everything we do. Read our Customer Charter
- Collaboration - We value each other and create better outcomes by working together
- Solutions - We deliver sustainable and innovative solutions to NSW’s transport needs
- Integrity - We take responsibility and communicate openly
- Safety - We prioritise safety for our people and our customers.
Roads and Maritime provides a range of services to customers such as vehicle and vessel registration and licensing, supplying up-to-date and accurate travel time information, and delivering traffic alerts and updates. Roads and Maritime strives to engage with customers and the community to understand their needs and consider these when making decisions.
Our core services include:
- Build and maintain infrastructure
- Provide licence and registration services
- Manage compliance to rules and regulations
- Provide safety management services
- Deliver traffic management services
- Deliver environmental solutions
- Manage tolling services
- Regulate users of roads and waterways
Roads and Maritime Services has a vast range of customers, including individuals, private organisations, community and road transport groups, local councils and State and Federal Government agencies.
As of 30 June 2013, there were 5.06 million drivers and 5.84 million NSW registered vehicles. In 2012-13 Roads and Maritime managed approximately 25 million motor vehicle transactions and 661,784 marine safety transactions.
Read our Customer Charter.
The network that Roads and Maritime Services manages includes:
- 18,036km of State roads, including 4,317km of National Road Network, for which the Australian Government provides a funding contribution, and 147km of privately-funded toll roads
- 2,970km of regional and local roads in the unincorporated area of NSW.
- 5,287 bridges, major culverts and 22 tunnels
- 3,945 traffic signal sites and approximately 12,000 other traffic facilities, systems and corridor assets
- 2,137km of coastline and 32,242km2 of navigable waterways
- 47 commuter wharves
- 3463 maritime aids to navigation.
Browse our range of available statistics.
Australian Business Number (ABN)
Roads and Maritime Services ABN is: 76 236 371 088