Processes – support for quality
This element covers quality assurance processes that ensure the health and effectiveness of the SMS.
Sub-elements and requirements
This element is made up of four sub-elements:
- Document control
- Records control
- Review and continuous improvement
- Safety promotion
Control of documents is essential to any management system. In WHS management, documents are controlled to ensure that:
- The information workers rely on to do their work safely is reliable and fit for purpose
- The risk of workers using inaccurate or out-of-date information is managed.
In WHS management, records are used to:
- Provide measures of performance for the agency and the SMS
- Establish sources of information for later reference (such as risk assessments, health monitoring data) and decision support
- Create an ‘audit trail’ and allow processes to be monitored.
Roads and Maritime is committed to the review and continuous improvement of the OneRMS SMS. Regular review processes offer opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the system.
Effective safety promotion combines training and capability with the communication of safety information to workers. This aims to enhance WHS performance and enable continuous improvement through organisational learning.
Have your say
We welcome your feedback and comments on:
- Document control framework
- Records control framework
- Review and continuous improvement framework
- Safety promotion framework
Provide feedback and comments by: