Authorised Safety Check Inspection Scheme (ASCIS)
The ASCIS provides inspection reports for registration renewal and transfer of ownership on the following vehicles types:
- Light trailers and caravans that have an aggregate trailer mass of 4.5 tonnes or less, including those fitted with breakaway brakes, but not including those fitted with air or vacuum (breakaway) braking systems.
- Motorcycles, including motorcycles with a side-car attached
- Passenger cars and goods carrying vehicles that have a gross vehicle mass of 4.5 tonnes or less except vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes
- Buses that have a tare mass of 2.5 tonnes or less.
Inspections carried out at an ASCIS include:
- Clearance of non design based Defect Notices
- Safety checks.
ASCIS do not carry out inspections for the purpose of establishing registration.