Draft documents for public review and comment
From time to time, Roads and Maritime Services releases draft technical documents for public review and comment. Documents currently out for review are listed on this page.
Preservation of Surveying Infrastructure (POSI) resource pack
The unplanned destruction of Cadastral Marks and State Control has a devastating effect on the cadastral and spatial fabric of the State. Destruction can occur through new infrastructure developments, maintenance works and utility activities. It is important that processes are in place to:
- identify and protect the marks; and
- ensure that any destruction is planned, approved and controlled, otherwise fines can occur.
To assist the process, Roads and Maritime Services Surveyors and Land and Property Information Representatives have been collaborating to develop systems to better manage the process. The following documents are an interim measure and will assist in the preservation of the cadastre and the State Control network.
- Example spreadsheet of the Survey Mark Register (OTV-TP-03-T1 draft) - UPDATED Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Example drawing of the impact of the development on Survey Marks
- Example warning marker template for Survey Marks for construction sites Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Bentley MicroStation title block borders (dgn in zipped file)
- Standard borders guide
- Standard borders – example
- Land and Property Information survey mark information sheet
- Surveying internal QA technical procedure (Draft OTV-TP-03)
- POSI Strategy Report Template (Draft OTV-TP-03-T2) Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Deposited Plan of Survey Information Only (D) POSIO example - NEW
Following a recent state government restructure, the Land and Property Information Representatives are now located in the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI) – Spatial Services Division.
It is likely that this information will be incorporated in the revision of several technical documents in the near future. If you have any queries, please contact:
Senior Surveyor – Survey Integrity
Phone: 02 8837 0449
20 December 2017
Draft construction survey specification - IC-QA-G71
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading its specification for construction surveys.
After initial consultation and drafting, a draft for advance awareness and industry preview is available.
This revision includes changes to the following:
- Includes the following surveying activities:
- Preservation of survey infrastructure
- Machine guidance used in construction
- Utility location surveys.
- Provides for a Roads and Maritime technical representative to assist the principal contractor with mitigating risks associated with the release of surveying hold points.
- Increases the number of hold points to include new clauses, and modifies some hold points to ensure compliance with surveying legislation.
A copy of the draft specification is available from the link below.
This release of this draft document is for early preview, the final version may differ from this version. Roads and Maritime will be reviewing the final draft specification for systems compliance and it is thought that it will be approved in March 2018.
Please email your comments or feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please contact:
Acting Senior Surveyor Compliance
Engineering Services Branch | Asset Maintenance Division
20 December 2017