Draft documents for public review and comment
From time to time, Roads and Maritime Services releases draft technical documents for public review and comment. Documents currently out for review are listed on this page.
Preservation of Surveying Infrastructure (POSI) resource pack
The unplanned destruction of Cadastral Marks and State Control has a devastating effect on the cadastral and spatial fabric of the State. Destruction can occur through new infrastructure developments, maintenance works and utility activities. It is important that processes are in place to:
- identify and protect the marks; and
- ensure that any destruction is planned, approved and controlled, otherwise fines can occur.
To assist the process, Roads and Maritime Services Surveyors and Land and Property Information Representatives have been collaborating to develop systems to better manage the process. The following documents are an interim measure and will assist in the preservation of the cadastre and the State Control network.
- Example spreadsheet of the Survey Mark Register (OTV-TP-03-T1 draft) - UPDATED Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Example drawing of the impact of the development on Survey Marks
- Example warning marker template for Survey Marks for construction sites Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Bentley MicroStation title block borders (dgn in zipped file)
- Standard borders guide
- Standard borders – example
- Land and Property Information survey mark information sheet
- Surveying internal QA technical procedure (Draft OTV-TP-03)
- POSI Strategy Report Template (Draft OTV-TP-03-T2) Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Deposited Plan of Survey Information Only (D) POSIO example - NEW
Following a recent state government restructure, the Land and Property Information Representatives are now located in the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI) – Spatial Services Division.
It is likely that this information will be incorporated in the revision of several technical documents in the near future. If you have any queries, please contact:
Manager Survey Certification & Compliance
Phone: 02 8837 0422
14 March 2017
IC-QA-G71 Draft Construction Survey Specification Edition 2 revision 0b
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading its specification for construction surveys.
After initial consultation and drafting, the final draft is now available for comments and feedback from stakeholders involved in the delivery of survey construction services.
This revision includes changes to the following:
- includes the following surveying activities:
- provision for a Roads and Maritime technical representative to assist the principal contractor with mitigating risks associated with the release of surveying hold points.
- The number of hold points has increased to included new clauses and some hold points are modified to ensure compliance with surveying legislation.
- Preservation of survey infrastructure
- Machine guidance used in construction
- Utility location surveys.
A copy of the draft specification is available from the link below.
Roads and Maritime will collate and consider comments and feedback for inclusion in the final document. Comments and feedback will close on 31 October 2017.
Please email your comments or feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please contact:
Senior Surveyor Compliance
Engineering Services Branch | Asset Maintenance Division
Phone: 02 8837 0425
23 August 2017