Transfer of assets
This policy covers the procedures required when there is a transfer of assets or asset management functions between Roads and Maritime Services and other roads authorities.
The objective of the policy is to ensure there are clear processes that aid the efficient and effective transfer of information between Roads and Maritime Services and other roads authorities.
This will assist to facilitate the continuity of road safety and effective road asset management using established procedures that encourage co-operation and co-ordination between authorities.
The policy includes a number of appendices that will assist when carrying out the transfer of road assets between roads authorities. They can be used as they are, or added to and modified to suit a particular case. Details are as follows:
- Appendix A: is a set of guidelines that provides an comprehensive list of the key activities that would normally be associated with the transfer of assets
- Appendix B: consists of a flow chart that gives a summary of the main steps involved in the transfer of assets, and includes the responsibilities and expected outcomes from the activities
- Appendix C: is a process checklist that provides a summary of the main steps; and a record of if, and when actions are required
- Appendix D: is a comprehensive summary table listing details of the assets normally associated with a road and includes:
- The asset name or description
- The asset data or component item
- Asset details and likely condition data required
- The maintenance history of the item
- If the condition or maintenance history data is available and
- A section for adding comments.