Roads and Maritime Services covers the coastal fringe from south of Port Macquarie to Tweed Heads, the New England area from Tamworth to Tenterfield and the slopes and plains in the Quirindi, Gunnedah, Warialda and Inverell areas.
The region makes up 12.3 percent of NSW with 9 percent of the population and is one of the fastest growing areas in country NSW, particularly along the northern coast, with many people choosing to retire or relocate to the area.
The north coast experiences a large increase in traffic volume during summer as the population in northern NSW increases dramatically with the arrival of tourists who visit the area's beaches and national parks.
The regional office is located in Grafton with other offices at Port Macquarie, Tamworth, Glen Innes and Ballina.
Key contacts in northern region (phone 02 66401300) are:
- Regional Manager - John Alexander
- Coordination Manager - Sonia George
- Assets Manager - Brett Butcher
- Senior Project Manager - Damien Sartori
- Communications Manager - Rachel Sadler
- Network & Safety Manager - Monica Sirol
- Environmental Manager - Greg Collins
- Transport Shared Services - Brad Crispin
- Engineering Services Manager - Steven Mitchellhill