Traffic Control Training
Roads and Maritime has now incorporated nationally recognised training into its suite of training courses for traffic controllers and those involved in traffic management.
The implementation of a competency based training framework will lead to higher standards of training and a consistent approach to qualifications. All training and assessment programs will be linked to nationally recognised competencies.
The benefits of adopting a nationally recognised framework includes:
- Quality training and assessment from approved training providers
- A lead to recognition across all states and territories
- Flexible training and assessment options
- Easier recertification process
- Tailored training and assessments
All training organisations that provide traffic control training and assessments must be approved and registered. Registered training organisations can tailor training and assessments to suit customer needs.
View the list of Approved Training Providers.
As of 1 July 2015, the following courses are available:
- Traffic Controller
- Implement Traffic Control Plans
- Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan.
Read the fact sheet (PDF, 161Kb) for details.
Phone: 1300 828 782
Post: Traffic Control Training Unit, PO Box 3035, Parramatta NSW 2124
View or download the Traffic Control Training Course Overview (PDF, 126KB).
View or download the list of Approved Training Providers (PDF, 201KB).
Please contact the Traffic Control Training Unit on 1300 828 782.