What's new and registration requests
23-10-2017: Traffic Signal Design Appendix B Traffic Signal Symbols has been updated including symbols for pedestrian countdown timers, TIRTL detectors, camera housings and post types.
28-7-2017: TS-TN-019 Specification of Vehicle Group Operation has been republished with a correction to the flowchart in section 6.15.
3-7-2017: TTD 2017/002 Special purpose lanes for trams - signage and line marking. This technical direction provides guidance on the signs and line marking required to mark special purpose lanes for trams. Relevant road rules and standards have been referenced to help planners and practitioners understand the traffic management context in which the trams will operate when on-road.
Note: Because of the difficulty in keeping links up to date, Roads and Maritime is systematically removing hyperlinks to other documents from all its traffic documents. Roads and Maritime traffic documents can be found on the website. If you have difficulty finding any traffic documents, please email email@example.com.
2017 revisions to Roads and Maritime Traffic Sign Database
1-3-2017: The following sign has been added to the Roads and Maritime Traffic Sign Database to enable parking authorities to dedicate parking spaces for electric vehicles to park while charging. The new sign includes the following text:
- Traffic Signal Design Appendix B Traffic Signal Symbols
- TS-TN-019 Specification of Vehicle Group Operation
- TTD 2017/002 Special purpose lanes for trams - signage and line marking
- Supplement to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 10
- Traffic Signal Design Section 15 Special Situations
- Traffic Signal Design Section 16 References
- Traffic Signal Design Appendix C Location and Function of Lanterns
- Traffic Signal Design Appendix D Location and Dimensions of Components
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request registration for email notification of the release of the latest Roads and Maritime Services traffic engineering reference documents including Technical Directions, Complementary Guidelines and the Roads and Maritime Services Austroads & Australian Standards Supplements.
Note: Acceptance of requests will generally be restricted to bona fide organisations.