Point to point transport drivers
Passenger Transport licence code
Under the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Act 2016 (the Act) and Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017 (the Regulation), taxi and booking service providers may have a requirement for drivers to have a Passenger Transport licence code on their driver licence record. The Passenger Transport licence code will help drivers and industry demonstrate they meet their safety requirements under the new regulatory framework.
To be eligible for a Passenger Transport licence code, a customer must:
- Meet the medical standards for commercial vehicle drivers set out in Assessing Fitness to Drive
- Hold an unrestricted Australian driver licence that has an expiry date that is five years or less.
Applications for the Passenger Transport licence code can be processed at a Service NSW centre. Currently there is no fee associated with adding the Passenger Transport code to a driver’s licence.
You will be required to:
- Complete the Application for a Passenger Transport Licence Code
- Provide proof of identification – see Proving your identity
- Declare a medical condition as part of the application form.