Does my vehicle need to be inspected?
Answering 'Yes' to any of the questions below means your vehicle needs to be inspected.
- Does your registration renewal notice tell you that an inspection is required?
- Do you want to renew your registration and your vehicle is more than 5 years old?
- Do you want to register a light vehicle that is not currently registered in NSW? Use the search engine below to locate a unregistered light vehicle station.
- Do you want to register a heavy vehicle? Use the search engine below to locate a heavy vehicle inspection station.
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you must have your vehicle inspected.
If you are not sure which type of vehicle inspection you need, or if you need an inspection at all, please phone Roads and Maritime Services on 13 22 13.
- Light vehicle - vehicle or trailer with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) less than 4.5 tonnes.
- Heavy vehicle - vehicle or trailer with a GVM of 4.5 tonnes or greater.