A directory of phone numbers for Roads and Maritime customer enquiries.
Fines and penalties are not issued by email
They are issued on the spot or by post. In light of recent email scams demanding payment of fake penalty notices, the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) has clarified how it may contact you about penalty notices or enforcement orders.
They are issued on the spot or by post. In light of recent email scams demanding payment of fake penalty notices, the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) has clarified how it may contact you about penalty notices or enforcement orders.More information on the SDRO website
General inquiries: 13 22 13
(7am-7pm, Monday to Friday)
- Vehicle registration
You can also renew or transfer your registration online.
- Driver licensing
- Boat registrations
- Boat licences and testing
- Registry and service centre business hours
You can use our online search to find registries and service centres in your area.
- Changing address
You can also change your address details online.
- Driver testing bookings
You can also book driving tests online.
- Rider training (motorcycles) bookings
You can also book riding tests online.
- Safety information
- Child safety restraint fitting station locations
You can use our online search to find authorised restraint fitting stations in your area.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service
- TTY users phone 13 36 77 then ask for Roads and Maritime Services number you want.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for Roads and Maritime Services number you want.
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for Roads and Maritime Services number you want.
Translator and interpreter services
For translator and interpreter services, contact 131 450 and ask the interpreter to phone 13 77 88.
Fraud and Ethics Hotline
If you want to report a fraudulent or ethical matter contact details are:
- Phone: 1800 043 642
- Email: RMS.Ethics.Hotline@rms.nsw.gov.au
Heavy Vehicle enquiries: 1300 364 847
- Heavy Vehicle Inspection Station (HVIS) availability and bookings
- Vehicle emissions management program enquiries and bookings
- Breach Reports or Summons enquiries
- Intelligent Access Program (IAP) Malfunction and Tampering reporting
Oversize & Overmass permits: 1300 656 371
Heavy Vehicle Hotline: 1300 786 748
M5 Motorway Cashback Scheme: 1300 133 310
NSW truck rest area road map: 13 22 13 and dial 7
Traffic incidents and road conditions reporting – 13 17 00
24 Hour Traffic enquiry line: 13 27 01
- Sydney and regional traffic reports
- Traffic arrangements for special events
- Current emergency information
Camera Enquiry line: 1300 782 230
Corporate and regional offices: 13 17 82
Number plates: 13 17 58
E-Toll: 13 18 65
You can also open and maintain an E-Toll account online
Other vehicle and licensing numbers
- Online registration renewals: 1 300 360 782
- Vehicle technical enquiries including Authorised Inspection Stations: 1300 137 302
Transport Management Centre: 13 17 00
- Traffic incidents - crashes
- Road conditions - delays, breakdowns, flooding, debris
- Vehicles parked on clearways
- Traffic signal faults
- Damaged traffic signs, potholes, or other road conditions
Major Projects information line: 1800 633 332
Traffic Control Training information line: 1300 828 782
Community Road Safety information: 1800 060 607
Mobility Parking Scheme hotline: 1300 884 899
International callers (outside Australia): +61 2 9903 2159 or +61 2 8575 3159
Maritime products and on water boating concerns: 13 12 36
(8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- General Enquiries
- Boating weather
- Aquatic Licences
- Commercial Vessels
- Environmental complaints
- Incident reports
- On water boating concerns
NSW Phone: 13 12 36
Rest of Australia: (02) 9563 8556
Maritime Division Head Office, Rozelle Bay: 13 17 82
Commercial Vessels: NSW Phone 13 12 36 or Rest of Australia (02) 9563 8556
Crew Certification & Vessel Survey
Maritime Infrastructure: (02) 9563 8511
Mapping Activities: (02) 9563 8821
Survey Activities: (02) 9563 8836
Sydney Harbour Commuter Wharves
For wharf maintenance and cleaning issues please email Commuter.Wharves@rms.nsw.gov.au
Maritime emergency contact numbers
Environmental: 13 12 36
Reporting water pollution
NSW Fisheries: 1300 550 474
Illegal fishing activity should be reported to your local fisheries office. If they are not available, phone 24 hour fisherman's watch: 1800 043 536
Water Police: 1800 658 784
Operation Neptune is a 24hr toll free number. Marine crime and information can be reported anonymously if requested.
Sydney Ferries: 13 15 00
Sydney Water: 13 20 90
Service difficulties and emergencies (24 hours)
Australian Maritime Safety Authority: 1800 641 792 or (02) 6230 6811