A directory of phone numbers for Roads and Maritime customer enquiries.
Fines and penalties are not issued by email
They are issued on the spot or by post. In light of recent email scams demanding payment of fake penalty notices, the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) has clarified how it may contact you about penalty notices or enforcement orders.
They are issued on the spot or by post. In light of recent email scams demanding payment of fake penalty notices, the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) has clarified how it may contact you about penalty notices or enforcement orders.More information on the SDRO website
Note: NSW Police have recently commenced issuing penalty notices by email, however a notice will only be issued by this method where the person responsible for the offence voluntarily provides their email address at the time of speaking with the officer. If you have not provided your email address to a Police Officer, please contact the SDRO directly.
General inquiries: 13 22 13
(7am-7pm, Monday to Friday)
- Service centre and registry locations and opening hours
- Or use the online search to find registries and service centres in your area.
- Vehicle registration
- Driver licensing
- You may also be able to renew your licence online.
- Boat registrations
- You can also renew or restore your boat registration online.
- Boat licences and testing
- You can also renew or replace boat licences, and book tests online.
- Changing address
- Or change your address details online.
- Driver testing bookings
- You can also book driving tests online.
- Rider training (motorcycles) bookings
- You can also book riding tests online.
- Safety information
- Child safety restraint fitting station locations
- Use the online search to find authorised restraint fitting stations in your area.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 13 36 77 then ask for the Roads and Maritime number you want.
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for the Roads and Maritime number you want.
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for the Roads and Maritime number you want.
Translator and interpreter services
For translator and interpreter services, contact 131 450 and ask the interpreter to phone 13 77 88.
Fraud and Ethics Hotline
To report a fraudulent or ethical matter:
- Phone: 1800 043 642
- Email: RMS.Ethics.Hotline@rms.nsw.gov.au
Heavy Vehicle enquiries: 1300 364 847
- Heavy Vehicle Inspection Station (HVIS) availability and bookings
- Vehicle emissions management program enquiries and bookings
- Breach Reports or Summons enquiries
- Intelligent Access Program (IAP) Malfunction and Tampering reporting
Oversize & Overmass permits: 1300 656 371
Heavy Vehicle Hotline: 1300 786 748
M5 Motorway Cashback Scheme: 1300 133 310
NSW truck rest area road map: 13 22 13 and dial 7
Traffic incidents and road conditions reporting – 13 17 00
24 Hour Traffic enquiry line: 13 27 01
- Sydney and regional traffic reports
- Traffic arrangements for special events
- Current emergency information
Camera Enquiry line: 1300 782 230
Corporate and regional offices: 13 17 82
Number plates: 13 17 58
E-Toll: 13 18 65
You can also open and maintain an E-Toll account online.
Other vehicle and licensing numbers
- Online registration renewals: 1300 360 782
- Vehicle technical enquiries including Authorised Inspection Stations: 1300 137 302
Transport Management Centre: 13 17 00
- Traffic incidents - crashes
- Road conditions - delays, breakdowns, flooding, debris
- Vehicles parked on clearways
- Traffic signal faults
- Damaged traffic signs, potholes, or other road conditions
Major Projects information line: 1800 633 332
Traffic Control Training information line: 1300 828 782
Community Road Safety information: 1800 060 607
Mobility Parking Scheme hotline: 1300 884 899
International callers (outside Australia): +61 2 9903 2159 or +61 2 8575 3159
Maritime Division Head Office, Rozelle Bay: 13 17 82
Maritime products and on water boating concerns: 13 12 36 Australia wide
(8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- General Enquiries including Licensing and Registration
- Boating weather
- Aquatic Licences
- Commercial Vessels
- Environmental complaints
- Incident reports
- On water boating concerns
Commercial Vessels: Phone 13 12 36 Australia wide
- Crew Certification & Vessel Survey
Maritime Infrastructure: (02) 9563 8511
Mapping Activities: (02) 9563 8821
Survey Activities: (02) 9563 8836
Sydney Harbour Commuter Wharves
For wharf maintenance and cleaning issues please email Commuter.Wharves@rms.nsw.gov.au
Maritime emergency contact numbers
Environmental: 13 12 36
Reporting water pollution
NSW Fisheries: 1300 550 474
Illegal fishing activity should be reported to your local fisheries office. If they are not available, phone 24 hour fisherman's watch: 1800 043 536
Water Police: 1800 658 784
Operation Neptune is a 24hr toll free number. Marine crime and information can be reported anonymously if requested.
Sydney Ferries: 13 15 00
Sydney Water: 13 20 90
Service difficulties and emergencies (24 hours)
Australian Maritime Safety Authority: 1800 641 792 or (02) 6230 6811