- Having Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plans (PAMPs) to facilitate the majority of the strategic deployment of pedestrian facilities in precincts with high pedestrian concentrations or with particular pedestrian safety issues.
- Providing new and upgraded facilities to improve pedestrian access, safety and convenience when crossing roads, taking particular account of the needs of children, older people and those with impairments.
- Improving stakeholder and public awareness of correct pedestrian facility use, pedestrian knowledge of the facilities, safer behaviours and an understanding of the needs and rights of other types of road users.
- Exploring innovative facilities and services for pedestrians.
- Training traffic management professionals on the needs of pedestrians and the planning and design of pedestrian facilities.
- Ensuring pedestrian facilities are designed and constructed to improve the level of personal mobility and safety of pedestrians with impairments and older person.
For information on the program position criteria, refer to the Memorandum of Understanding.
To open or download documents, 'right-click' on the title for PC and 'control-click' on the title for Mac and choose an option.
Help with downloading and viewing files
Some of these documents do not comply with WCAG 2.0. If you are having trouble accessing information, please contact RMS by phoning 13 22 13 or emailing RMS.Contact.Centre@rms.nsw.gov.au