In conjunction with the National Trust, Engineers Australia, various local government Councils and historical groups, Roads and Maritime Services regularly produces self-guided tour brochures to assist community appreciation of a range of heritage significant items in NSW.
The brochures contain a map, directions and historical notes. To date, brochures have been prepared on the following topics:
- Bridging the Hawkesbury River - Hornsby to Gosford.
- Bridging the Murray River - Albury to Swan Hill regions.
- Cobb & Co Country - Moama to Wilcannia Heritage Drive.
- The Convict Trail - The Great North Road.
- Crossing the Blue Mountains - The Great Western Road.
- The Great South Road.
- Historic Bridges of The Hunter Valley.
- The Old Hume Highway – History begins with a road
- Parramatta... A Heritage of Roads and Transport.
- Parramatta River Bridges - by RiverCat.
- Southern Highlands Heritage Drives.
- The Summerland Way – Richmond and Clarence Valleys (NSW) to Moreton Bay (Queensland).
These tour brochures can be downloaded in pdf format by clicking the link below.