If your engine isn’t running smoothly, it’s costing you fuel and money.
With the high cost of petrol, everyone’s looking for ways to drive their dollar further.
While you’re collecting discount vouchers, take the following simple tips and start saving petrol today.
- Tune it – if your engine isn’t running smoothly, it’s costing you fuel and money
- Pump it – low tyre pressure will increase fuel consumption
- Unload it – don’t carry anything you don’t need to. The more your car weighs, the more fuel it uses
- Shift it – shift gears when the revs are up. Choosing the wrong gear causes your car to burn fuel unnecessarily
- Drive smoothly – avoid hard acceleration and braking
- Avoid short trips – take a walk instead
- Stay warm – air conditioning uses a lot of petrol. Don’t use the air conditioning unless you have to
- Slow down – a car travelling at 110 km/h can use up to 25 per cent more fuel than cruising at 90 km/h
- Public transport – sometimes it’s easier to use public transport. There are no parking hassles and you can relax and watch the world go by.