The vehicles listed as 'Exempted Vehicles' are not high performance vehicles for the purposes of clause 32 and may be driven by the holder of a provisional licence.
Novice Driver - High Performance Vehicle Restrictions
P1/P2 licence holders are also restricted from driving the following 6-cylinder vehicles:
- BMW M, M3 and Z4.
- Honda NSX.
- Nissan 350Z and 370Z (including private or 'grey' import variants eg. Infiniti G35, Infiniti G37, Skyline 350GT (V35), Skyline 370GT (V36)).
- All Porsches from 1994 models onwards (except diesel).
- Mercedes Benz SLK350.
- All turbocharged or supercharged diesel powered vehicles.
- Suzuki Cappuccino 2D Cabriolet Turbo 3 698cc (1/01/1992 - 1/12/1997).
- Daihatsu Copen L880 2D Convertible Turbo 4 659cc (1/10/2003- ).
- Smart vehicles (all models).
To open or download documents, 'right-click' on the title for PC and 'control-click' on the title for Mac and choose an option.
Help with downloading and viewing files
Some of these documents do not comply with WCAG 2.0. If you are having trouble accessing information, please contact RMS by phoning 13 22 13 or emailing RMS.Contact.Centre@rms.nsw.gov.au