Boating Safety Day - 15 October 2017
We are very excited to again bring you Boating Safety Day at six locations across the NSW coast, in partnership with the Department of Primary Industries Gone Fishing Day.
The free community event (suitable for the whole family) will be taking place on Sunday 15 October, between 9am and 3pm. Boaters can enjoy a range of activities and learn about safe and responsible boating.
Boating Safety Day - 2017
This year’s Boating Safety Day, together with NSW Gone Fishing Day events, will be held at the following locations:
- Botany Bay (Dolls Point) - Peter Depena Reserve
- Coffs Harbour - Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Park
- Nelson Bay - Nelson Bay Foreshore Reserve
- Lake Illawarra (Windang) - Judbooley Parade Foreshore
- Albury - Noreuil Park Foreshore
- Inverell - Campbell Park, Captain Cook Drive
What you can expect on the day
Activities we’ll be carrying out on the day include:
- interactive lifejacket activation and servicing demonstrations
- safety equipment and flare demonstrations
- essential boating safety equipment talks
- free boating displays
- and more!
Visit the Roads and Maritime stand where Boating Education Officers and Boating Safety Officers will be on hand to provide important lifejacket information, advice on safe boating practices and information on boat licences, registrations and NSW boating regulations.