Boating Safety Day - 14 October 2018
It’s that time of year again, when Roads and Maritime partner with DPI’s Gone Fishing Day to bring you Boating Safety Day at six special locations across the NSW coast.
This free community event is on Sunday 14 October 2018, between 9am and 3pm, and is suitable for the whole family. Boaters can enjoy a range of marine activities and learn about safe and responsible boating.
Together with NSW Gone Fishing Day, this year’s Boating Safety Day events will be held at the following locations:
- Botany Bay - Peter Depena Reserve, Dolls Point
- The Entrance North - Terilbah Reserve
- Huskisson - White Sands Park
- Grafton - Memorial Park
- Queanbeyan Riverside - Trinculo Place
- Forbes - Apex Lakeside Park.
Other details can be found on the NSW DPI website Gone Fishing NSW Day.
What you can expect on the day
Activities we’ll be carrying out on the day include:
- Interactive lifejacket activation and servicing demonstrations
- safety equipment demonstrations
- essential boating safety equipment talks
- free marine displays, and more!
Visit the Roads and Maritime stand where Boating Education Officers and Boating Safety Officers will be on hand to provide important lifejacket information, advice on safe boating practices and information on boat licences, registrations and NSW boating regulations.