Navigation Restriction - Hawkesbury River
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
WATER SKI RACES
9:00am to 5:00pm - Sunday 14 August 2016
9:00am to 5:00pm - Sunday 18 September 2016
9:00am to 5:00pm - Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 April 2017
9:00am to 5:00pm - Sunday 30 April 20179:00am to 5:00pm - Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 May 2017
Vessel operators are advised that Roads and Maritime Services has declared that the above events which are to be held on the Hawkesbury River between Webbs Creek and to 400 metres upstream of Starboard Lateral Mark No. 905 and between 9:00am and 5:00pm on the above dates are Special Events pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998.
SPECIAL EVENT & EXCLUSIVE USE AREA
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Ski Racing NSW Inc to conduct the events and a Special Event/Exclusive Use Area (‘the Area’) will be established on the navigable waters of the Hawkesbury River between the above times as follows:
- Saturday races - between Webbs Creek and Walkers Beach
- Sunday races - between Webbs Creek and to 400 metres upstream of Starboard Lateral Mark No. 905.
The Area will be monitored by control vessels at each end.
Roads and Maritime advises that in relation to the area:
- Persons within the vicinity of the Area must comply with any directions given by a Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels are permitted to enter the Area and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(6) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
Provision has been made for a ‘transit zone’ between the affected areas, within which control vessels will, at times during the events, authorise local vessel traffic to transit the Area. Vessels navigating the transit zone must do so at a speed not exceeding 4 knots, must produce no wash, and must comply with any direction given pursuant to (a) above.
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 9C
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact the Roads and Maritime Services on:
- Info Line 131 236 (8.30am – 4.30pm 7 days per week); or
- the Boating Safety Officer on 0407 107 487.
MARINE NOTICE SY1618