Navigation Restriction - Kinchela Creek, Macleay River
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Kinchela Creek, Macleay River
ELECTRICAL CROSSING MAINTENANCE
10:00am to 2:00pm - Friday 30 September 2016
Vessel operators are advised that Essential Energy will be conducting maintenance works on the electrical crossing over Kinchela Creek, on the Macleay River near 9 Riverside Drive Kinchela on Friday 30 September 2016 between 10:00am to 2:00pm.
As a result the navigable channel will be obstructed whilst the powerline poles are removed and replaced, and Roads and Maritime has declared that the above works, are a SPECIAL EVENT pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998.
SPECIAL EVENT AREA
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, a Special Event Area (‘the Area’) will be established around the crossing works on the navigable waters of Kinchela Creek in the vicinity of 9 Riverside Drive Kinchela between the above times. This Area is defined as 100 metre from the works.
A control vessel will be present to warn vessels during the time the powerline poles are removed and replaced.
Roads and Maritime advises:
- Persons within the vicinity of the Area must comply with any directions given by a Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- Vessels are required to maintain a safe distance and speed from the works and operators are reminded that the production of wash which impacts unreasonably on the works is an offence (Marine Safety Regulation – clause 11 – Maximum Penalty $5,500.00).
- Vessel operators failing to leave the Special Event Area when directed to do so are liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.12(6) – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Towing activity is strictly prohibited. Any vessel operator engaged in towing in the Special Event Area is liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.12(6) – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Vessel operators in breach of any speed limit imposed by temporary signage are liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.11 – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Vessel operators in the vicinity of the works must keep a proper lookout at all times.
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 4B
For further information regarding this navigation warning, please contact the Roads and Maritime Info line 13 12 36 (8:30am to 5:00pm M–F, 8:30am to 4:00pm S - S)
MARINE NOTICE NH1696