Navigation Restriction - Stingray Creek, Camden Haven
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Stingray Creek, Camden Haven
BRIDGE REMOVAL WORKS
7am to 6pm - May to September 2017, Mondays to Saturdays
In order to facilitate the removal of the old Stingray Creek bridge and the temporary construction bridge, Roads and Maritime Services advises that bridge removal works, crane lifting operations and work vessel movements will be conducted in the area.
The above works, which are to be conducted on Stingray Creek at Camden Haven between the hours of 7am and 6pm, Mondays to Saturdays from May to September 2017, are a SPECIAL EVENT pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998.
SPECIAL EVENT AREA
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established 100m either side of the works on the navigable waters of Stingray Creek at the location of the existing Stingray Creek Bridge between the above times. The Zone will be marked with yellow buoys.
Major construction will include; works on and around new bridge and removal of the old bridge.
A ‘transit lane’ will be established through the exclusion zone - and under the bridge - and will be marked by the presence of port (red) and starboard (green) buoys and reflective markers on the bridge pylons, authorising local vessels to pass through the creek.
When lifting operations affect the navigable channel, the Zone will be monitored and patrolled by control vessels who will advise vessel operators not to enter.
SPEED LIMIT IN TRANSIT LANE
A speed restriction of 4 knots will be imposed in the transit lane at all times, and will be indicated on signage and on buoys.
Roads and Maritime advises:
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by a Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- Vessel operators failing to leave the Zone when directed to do so are liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.12(5) – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Towing activity is strictly prohibited. Any vessel operator engaged in towing in the Zone is liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.12(5 work vessel movements and) – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Vessel operators in breach of any speed limit imposed by temporary signage are liable to an offence (Marine Safety Act, s.11 – Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
- Vessel operators in the vicinity of the works must keep a proper lookout at all times.
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 5A
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact the Boating Safety Officer, NSW Roads & Maritime Services phone: 0427 751 858
MARINE NOTICE NH1733