Navigation Restriction - Wollongong Harbour - Splash and Dash Swim 2018
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Splash and Dash Swim 2018
8am to 11.30am – Sunday 25 Febuary 2018
Vessel operators are advised that a Special Event pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998 is to be held on Wollongong Harbour between 8am and 11.30am on Sunday 25 Febuary 2018.
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Robert Battocchio to conduct the event, and an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established between the above times on the navigable waters of Wollongong Harbour in a roughly triangular shape defined by:
- the shoreline adjacent to the intersection of Harbour Street and Cliff Road; to
- the eastern side of the remnants of the stone structure adjacent to the Wollongong Slipway; to
- the entrance into the Wollongong Harbour; to
- the shoreline of the Tasman Sea at the North Wollongong Beach, and directly in front of the Surf Lifesaving Club and Pavilion.
The Zone will be marked by brightly coloured buoys which will be located approximately 20 metres inside each point of the triangle, and will form the rounding markers of the race course. Competitors will be racing on a course outside these rounding marks and vessel operators should be aware that the Area extends 20 metres outside the rounding marks.
Roads and Maritime advise that in relation to the Zone;
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by any Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels or persons are permitted to enter the Zone and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(5) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 10A
Naval Chart AUS195
For further information concerning this Notice, please contact Roads & Maritime Services InfoLine between 8.30am and 4.30pm seven days a week on 131 236.
MARINE NOTICE SO1749