Navigation Restriction - Mulwala Waterski Club, Lake Mulwala - Water ski shows & training
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Mulwala Waterski Club Lagoon, Lake Mulwala
Water ski shows & training
Various dates and times from 13 October 2017 to 27 January 2018
Vessel operators are advised that a Special Event pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998 is to be held on Lake Mulwala in the 4 knot zone of the Mulwala Ski Club lagoon opposite the Mulwala Ski Club and Caravan Park and between various times and dates between Friday 13 October 2017 and Saturday 27 January 2018.
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Mulwala Water Ski Club Ltd. to conduct the event, and an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established on the navigable waters of Lake Mulwala in the 4 knot zone of the Mulwala Ski Club lagoon opposite the Mulwala Ski Club and Caravan Park as follows:
- 4.00pm to 8.00pm – Friday 13, 20 and 27 and Sunday 15, 22, and 29 in October 2017
- 1.00pm to 8.00pm – Wednesday 1 and 8, and Friday 3 and 10 November 2017
- 1.00pm to 8.00pm – daily from Tuesday 14 to Wednesday 22 November 2017, except Thursday 16 November 2017
- 1.00pm to 8.00pm – Friday 1 and 8, and Sunday from 3 to 10 December 2017
- 1.00pm to 8.00pm – daily from Tuesday 14 to Friday 22 December 2017, except Saturday 16 December 2017
- 1.00pm to 8.00pm – daily from Thursday 28 to Saturday 30 December 2017
- 5.00pm to 9.30pm – Wednesday 3, Thursday 4, and Saturday 6 January 2018
- 5.00pm to 9.30pm – Friday 12 and 19, and Saturday 13 to 20 January 2017
- 5.00pm to 9.30pm – Thursday 25 January 2018
- 12.00pm to 9.30pm – Saturday 27 January 2018
The Zone will be monitored by control vessels who will advise vessel operators of the closure, and signage will be located at the Mulwala Ski Club boat ramp and foreshore.
Roads and Maritime advise that in relation to the Zone;
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by any Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels or persons are permitted to enter the Zone and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(5) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 19
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact Roads and Maritime Services InfoLine on 131 236.
MARINE NOTICE SO1759