Navigation Restriction - Lake Jindabyne, Jindabyne - 2018 Ski racing nationals
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Lake Jindabyne, Jindabyne
2018 Ski racing nationals
8:00am to 6:00pm - Tuesday 9 to Saturday 13 January 2018
Vessel operators are advised that a Special Event pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998 is to be held on Lake Jindabyne between 8:00am and 6:00pm from Tuesday 9 to Sunday 13 January 2018.
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Country ACT Ski Racing to conduct the event, and an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established on the navigable waters of Lake Jindabyne between the above times and dates and bounded within:
- The Western shore of the Cooper Tom Reach from the land based feature of Townsend Street Jindabyne;
- The South-Eastern extent of Cub Island;
- The Eastern extent of Lion Island to the North-Western extent of the Island;
- The Western extent of McEvoy Island to the South-Eastern extent of the Island;
- The shoreline adjacent to the land based feature of Old Kosciuszko Road East Jindabyne; and
- Along the Eastern shore of the Cooper Tom Reach to a position opposite the land based feature of Townsend Street Jindabyne.
The Zone will be marked by buoys and maintained and monitored by control vessels situated around the Zone.
A ‘transit lane’ through the exclusion zone to the Northern waters of Lake Jindabyne will be established from the Widows Inlet public boat ramp along the Western side of Lion Island and McEvoy Island. If using the transit lane, vessel operators should follow all directions from control vessels.
Access to the Cooper Tom Reach between the land based feature of Townsend Street Jindabyne and limit of available waters near the Dam Wall in the South will be limited to directly from the adjoining shore.
Roads and Maritime advises:
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by a Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels are permitted to enter the Zone and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s12(5) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 18
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact the RMS (Maritime) Infoline on 131 236 or visit rms.nsw.gov.au/maritime
MARINE NOTICE SO1803