Navigation Restriction - Shellharbour Boat Harbour, Tasman Sea - Shellharbour Surf Life Saving Club ocean swim
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Shellharbour Boat Harbour, Tasman Sea
SHELLHARBOUR SURF LIFE SAVING CLUB OCEAN SWIM
10:00am to 1:00pm – Sunday 8 April 2018
Vessel operators are advised that a Special Event pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998 is to be held on the Tasman Sea between Shellharbour Boat Harbour beach and North Shellharbour Beach from 10:00am to 1:00pm on Sunday 8 April 2018.
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Shellharbour Surf Life Saving Club Inc to conduct the event and an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established on the waters of Shellharbour Boat Harbour and seaward into the Tasman Sea between the above times.
The Zone will be defined on the Tasman Sea as:
- From the entrance of the Shellharbour Boat Harbour to
- The waters contained between the transit of the navigation leads for Shellharbour Boat Harbour and the southern shoreline of Cowrie Island, and
- East to the location created by the transit of the Shellharbour Boat Harbour leads and the eastern extent of Cowrie Island,
The Zone will be marked by a large red buoy located at the position described in point 3 (above) and will be patrolled by control vessels which will direct vessel operators not to enter the Zone.
Roads and Maritime advise that in relation to the Zone;
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by any Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels or persons are permitted to enter the Zone and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(5) — Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map 10B and Naval Chart AUS808
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact the Roads & Maritime Services Info line on phone: 131 236
MARINE NOTICE SO1819