Navigation Restriction - Wollongong Harbour - Trithegong triathlon festival
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
Trithegong triathlon festival
6:30am to 1:00pm – Saturday 17 March 2018
6:30am to 1:30 pm – Sunday 18 March 2018
Vessel operators are advised that a Special Event pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998 is to be held on Wollongong Harbour from 6:30am to 1:00pm Saturday 17 March and 6:30am to 1:30pm Sunday 18 March 2018.
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to Elite Energy Pty Ltd to conduct the event, and an Exclusion Zone (‘the Zone’) will be established on the navigable waters of Wollongong Harbour between the above times.
The Exclusion Zone is roughly triangular in shape and comprises waters:
- from the shoreline adjacent to the intersection of Harbour Street and Cliff Road (le Vendi café), to
- the centre of the entrance to the Wollongong Harbour, to
- the eastern side of the remnants of the stone structure adjacent to the Wollongong Slipway.
Course rounding buoys will be placed and the exclusion zone will extend for 20 metres outside the buoys at the above times.
Roads and Maritime advise that in relation to the Zone;
- Persons within the vicinity of the Zone must comply with any directions given by any Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels or persons are permitted to enter the Zone and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(5) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Boating Map – 10A
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact Roads & Maritime Services on phone: 13 12 36
MARINE NOTICE SO1827