Navigation Restriction - Hawkesbury River, Bridge to Bridge
(Marine Safety Act 1998 s.12)
BRIDGE TO BRIDGE WATER SKI RACE
7:30am to 3:00pm - Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 November 2016
Vessel operators are advised that Roads and Maritime Services has declared that the above events, which are to be held on the Hawkesbury River from:
- Sackville Ski Gardens to Windsor Bridge between 7:30am and 3:00pm on Saturday 26 November 2016, and;
- from Dangar Island to Windsor Bridge between 7:30am and 3:00pm on Sunday 27 November 2016,
are Special Events pursuant to Section 12(2) of the Marine Safety Act 1998.
SPECIAL EVENT & EXCLUSIVE USE AREA
Due to the potential to affect the safety of navigation, Roads and Maritime has granted an Exclusive Use Aquatic Licence to New South Wales Water Ski Federation Limited to conduct the event, and a Special Event / Exclusive Use Area (‘the Area’) will be established on the navigable waters of the Hawkesbury River as described above between the above times and dates. The Area will be patrolled by control vessels and closed to unauthorised vessels.
Roads and Maritime advises:
- Persons within the vicinity of the Area must comply with any directions given by a Boating Safety Officer or Police Officer in relation to the Special Event or to marine safety. Failure to comply with any such direction is an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.15A - Maximum Penalty $3,300.00).
- No unauthorised vessels are permitted to enter the Area and to do so may be an offence (Marine Safety Act 1998, s.12(6) - Maximum Penalty $1,100.00)
Provision has been made for a ‘transit zone’ from Brooklyn and Berowra to Mooney Mooney, within which Roads and Maritime Officers will (via control vessels and control points on the water), at times during the event, authorise local vessel traffic to enter the Area.
Vessels navigating the transit zone must do so at a speed not exceeding 4 knots, must produce no wash, and must comply with any direction given pursuant to (a) above.
The passage of an official vessel, heading up stream from “Sackville Ski Gardens” to Windsor Bridge on Saturday 26 November 2016 and up-stream from Dangar Island to Windsor Bridge on Sunday 27 November 2016, displaying a black and white checked flag will mark the completion of the race and the lifting of the Special Event/Exclusive Use Area.
MAPS & CHARTS AFFECTED
Roads and Maritime Services Boating Map – 9C
For further information concerning this Navigation Advice, please contact Roads and Maritime Services on:
- Info Line 131 256 (8.30am – 4.30pm 7 days per week); or
- the Boating Safety Officer on 0407 107 487.
MARINE NOTICE SY1627