Avoca Drive – Algona Avenue and Joalah Road, Kincumber improvements
Roads and Maritime Services is planning a future upgrade of Avoca Drive between Algona Avenue and Joalah Road at Kincumber to improve traffic flow and safety.
Updates and announcements
The NSW Government is providing $500,000 in 2015/16 to start planning for the upgrade.
Avoca Drive connects the Central Coast Highway to Kincumber and beachside suburbs while also providing a critical link to Terrigal Drive.
The 1.3 kilometre section of road between Algona Avenue and Joalah Road is used by around 26,000 vehicles a day. During peak travel times motorists experience congestion and slow travel times.
A future upgrade would cater for existing and future traffic volumes forecast as a result of residential and commercial growth in the area.
The proposal would investigate:
- Widening the road to provide two lanes in each direction
- Replacing the roundabout at Bungoona Road with traffic lights and removing the two sets of adjacent pedestrian crossing traffic lights
- Providing pedestrian and cyclist facilities
- Improving public transport access and urban amenity.
Key benefits of a future upgrade would include:
- Improved traffic flow and travel times for motorists
- Improved pedestrian and cyclist access
- Improved safety for all road users.
Roads and Maritime is committed to working with stakeholders and the community during the planning process. More information about the project will be provided as the project progresses.