Stage 2 - Matcham Road to Ocean View Drive
Roads and Maritime has completed the Central Coast Highway between Matcham Road, Erina Heights and Ocean View Drive, Wamberal to provide two lanes in each direction.
Updates and announcements
The project was opened to traffic in December 2013.
The project included widening the highway to provide two lanes in each direction, major intersection improvements and upgraded facilities for pedestrians and cyclists to improve traffic flow and increase safety for all road users.
- Improved safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Increased capacity to improve traffic flow and reduce travel times and congestion
- Improved access for public transport
- Formalised parking arrangements.
- Widening the Central Coast Highway to two lanes in each direction separated by a median
- Retaining and improving the roundabout at Ocean View Drive
- Building a new roundabout at Old Gosford Road and Okanagan Close to provide access to the highway, improve traffic flow and enable u-turns
- Providing a right turn in, and left turn in and out at Brush Road
- Installing new traffic lights at Willoughby Road to allow all turn movements
- Restricting Brooks Hill Lane, High Valley Close and Ghersi Avenue access to left-in, left-out turns only to improve road safety
- Extending three new service roads to combine existing private accesses fronting the highway
- Building a shared pedestrian and off-road cycle path located alongside the southbound lanes, with a dedicated footpath located alongside the northbound lanes
- Providing dedicated bus bays for safer access for patrons
- Providing traffic calming measures on Old Gosford Road in conjunction with Gosford City Council.