Wisemans Ferry Road intersection upgrade
The Central Coast Highway is the major road link between the M1 Pacific Motorway and Gosford, Erina and surrounding coastal suburbs. Roads and Maritime has completed an upgrade at the Central Coast Highway and Wisemans Ferry Road intersection to improve traffic flow and safety.
Updates and announcements
The project opened to traffic in mid 2013.
- Lengthening the existing right turn lane and providing a second right turn lane from the Central Coast Highway (from Gosford) into Wisemans Ferry Road, to reduce queuing and improve safety
- Providing an additional left turn lane with both lanes under traffic light control from Wisemans Ferry Road into the Central Coast Highway (to Gosford), to improve safety by removing the need to merge
- Providing a continuous lane on Wisemans Ferry Road for southbound vehicles exiting the M1 Pacific Motorway heading towards the Central Coast Highway to improve safety by removing the need to merge
- Providing a new right turn lane from Wisemans Ferry Road onto the northbound on-ramp of the M1 Pacific Motorway to improve safety by separating traffic movements
- Providing a new car pool car park with approximately 100 parking spaces
- Providing an off road cycle path between Wisemans Ferry Road and Kangoo Road.