M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrades
The M1 Upgrades make up the $391.6 million M1 Productivity Package funded by the Australian and NSW governments to provide a better and more reliable journey on one of Australia’s busiest roads.
The M1 Pacific Motorway is an important link between Sydney and Brisbane. More than 70,000 light and heavy vehicles travel between the Central Coast and Hunter region and Sydney each day. These numbers are expected to increase in the future.
The three major M1 Upgrades will improve traffic flow and safety for motorists:
The M1 Upgrades will benefit commuters, holiday traffic, heavy vehicles and public transport users by:
- improving traffic flow for better and more reliable trips
- making it easier to move freight
- allowing for predicted increases in traffic
- providing safer access to and from the motorway.
Work will take place between the Kariong and Somersby interchanges, Tuggerah and Doyalson interchanges and at the Weakleys Drive and John Renshaw Drive intersection. Key features include:
- widening the road between Kariong and Doyalson
- improving interchanges at Kariong, Warnervale and Doyalson
- replacing the existing roundabout at Weakleys Drive with traffic lights.