On the Central Coast the Pacific Highway connects the growing urban, commercial and industrial precincts in the Gosford and Wyong local government area.
The road is part of the state road route west of Tuggerah Lake, connecting the Central Coast's northern residential and industrial areas. These areas include: Warnervale, Charmhaven, Budgewoi Lake, northern Tuggerah Lake and Toukley. It is used by an average of 27,000 vehicles a day.
Current or proposed construction projects on the Pacific Highway route include:
- Lisarow to Ourimbah - Pacific Highway between Ourimbah Street, Lisarow and Glen Road, Ourimbah (under construction)
- Lisarow - Pacific Highway between Parsons Road and Ourimbah Street (in planning)
- Narara to Lisarow - Pacific Highway and Manns Road between Narara Creek Road, Narara and Parsons Road, Lisarow (in planning)
- Wyong - Pacific Highway through Wyong town centre (in planning).
Completed construction projects on the Pacific Highway route include:
- Stage 1 Lisarow to Ourimbah – Dog Trap Road intersection at Ourimbah
- Stage 2 Lisarow to Ourimbah – Pacific Highway between Glen Road and Burns Road
- Pacific Highway, San Remo
- Anzac Road to Johnson Road, Tuggerah
- Wyong Road & Pacific Highway intersection upgrade at Tuggerah