Narara to Lisarow - Pacific Highway and Manns Road upgrade between Narara Creek Road and Parsons Road
The NSW Government has allocated $2.3 million in 2017/18 to continue planning for the proposed Pacific Highway and Manns Road upgrade between Narara Creek Road, Narara and Parsons Road, Lisarow to improve traffic flow and road user safety.
Roads and Maritime carried out extensive investigations and community consultation to adopt the preferred route for the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Narara and Lisarow along the existing highway. Roads and Maritime has prepared an updated preferred design for the section of road between Parsons Road at Lisarow and Narara Creek Road at Narara. This preferred design considers community comments received during the previous public displays.
Key benefits of the preferred option once completed include:
- Improved traffic flow and more consistent travel times on the Pacific Highway and Manns Road
- Improved access to connecting roads
- Improved safety for all road users
- Improved pedestrian and cycle network.
- Two lanes in each direction on the Pacific Highway and Manns Road with a central median
- New bridges along Manns Road over Narara Creek and the railway line
- Traffic lights to replace roundabouts:
- Manns Road and Pacific Highway intersection
- Manns Road and Narara Valley Drive intersection
- New traffic lights on the Pacific Highway at:
- Berrys Head Road
- Parsons Road
- Newling Street
- Lenna Street and Pierce Street
- Nurra Road and Argyle Avenue
- Brooks Avenue
- New traffic lights on Manns Road at:
- Adam Street and Reeves Street
- Showground Road
- Improved pedestrian and cycle paths along the Pacific Highway and Manns Road
- New all directional intersection at Apanie Avenue to provide left and right turns in and out
- New bridge south of Newling Street
- New northbound and southbound u-turn intersection at Pacific Highway and Parsons Road
- New roundabout at Parsons Road and Newling Street
- Carrington Street to be closed and become a no through road
- Bus stops and indented bus bays provided along the length of the project to help the flow of traffic and improve safety
- Improving drainage along the Pacific Highway and Manns Road.
Roads and Maritime will continue to advance the concept design and proceed to environmental assessment. We will continue to consult with the community and stakeholders as the project progresses in the environmental assessment stage.