Lisarow – Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is continuing to plan the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road at Lisarow. The proposed upgrade involves widening the highway to provide two lanes in each direction to improve traffic flow and safety for all road users.
Updates and announcements
The community was invited to provide feedback on the Review of Environmental Factors and Species Impact Statement by Friday 19 August 2016.
For more information and to view the proposed design, download the July 2016 Project Update, (PDF,948Kb)
The NSW Government allocated $7 million in 2016/17 to continue planning for the Pacific Highway upgrade, between Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road at Lisarow to improve traffic flow and safety.
Since 2009 Roads and Maritime has carried out extensive investigations and community consultation in order to finalise a preferred route for the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Narara and Lisarow.
The concept design and draft Review of Environmental Factors for the section of highway between Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road at Lisarow was displayed for community comment in February 2015.
The feedback received was considered and extensive investigations have been carried out to prepare the updated design and Review of Environmental Factors.
The 2015 draft Review of Environmental Factors found the proposed road upgrade would have a significant impact on Melaleuca Biconvexa, a threatened flora species. A Species Impact Statement has been prepared to thoroughly assess the potential impact and to identify measures to avoid or minimise this impact.
The findings of the Species Impact Statement have been incorporated into the Review of Environmental Factors and were displayed for public comments in July 2016.
Key benefits of the preferred option include:
- Improved traffic flow and more consistent travel times on the Pacific Highway
- Improved access to connecting roads
- Improved safety for all road users
- Improved pedestrian and cycle network.
- Two lanes in each direction on the Pacific Highway
- A new bridge over the rail line, replacing the existing narrow bridge near Railway Crescent
- New traffic lights at the Railway Crescent and Tuggerah Street (formerly Macdonalds Road) intersections with the Pacific Highway
- Upgrading the existing traffic lights at The Ridgeway
- Improved pedestrian and cycle paths along and across the highway
- Improved access to the parking area at Lisarow Railway Station.
The community was invited to comment on the Review of Environmental Factors and the Species Impact Statement by Friday 19 August 2016.
After consideration of community comments, Roads and Maritime will work with the Office of Environment and Heritage to seek agreement on the Species Impact Statement. This will determine if the proposal should go ahead as proposed, or if changes are needed.
The community will be kept informed throughout this process.