Lisarow – Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is continuing planning and preconstruction for the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road at Lisarow. The proposed upgrade involves widening the highway to provide two lanes in each direction to improve traffic flow and safety for all road users.
The NSW Government allocated $9 million in 2017/18 for further planning and preconstruction for the Pacific Highway upgrade, between Ourimbah Street and Parsons Road at Lisarow to improve traffic flow and safety.
Following consideration of community feedback in 2016, the Review of Environmental Factors was determined in February 2017.
View or download the October 2016 Submissions Report.
As a result of our continued planning and development of the project, Roads and Maritime Services have updated the Review of Environmental Factors to include more details in the Addendum Review of Environmental Factors.
On 3 October Roads and Maritime has called for tenderers to register their interest for the construction contract.
For more information and to view the proposed design, download the July 2016 Project Update.
Key benefits of the preferred option include:
- Improved traffic flow and more consistent travel times on the Pacific Highway
- Improved access to connecting roads
- Improved safety for all road users
- Improved pedestrian and cycle network.
- Two lanes in each direction on the Pacific Highway
- A new bridge over the rail line, replacing the existing narrow bridge near Railway Crescent
- New traffic lights at the Railway Crescent and Tuggerah Street (formerly Macdonalds Road) intersections with the Pacific Highway
- Upgrading the existing traffic lights at The Ridgeway
- Improved pedestrian and cycle paths along and across the highway
- Improved access to the parking area at Lisarow Railway Station.
Roads and Maritime has called for tenders to register their interest.
Timing for construction has not been confirmed and will be advised following the tender process.
We will continue to inform and liaise with the community throughout this process.