Terrigal Drive connects the retail and commercial centres around Erina, at the Central Coast Highway, with tourist and residential centres around the beach suburbs of Terrigal and Wamberal.
In March 2007, the NSW Government announced a package of improvement works for Terrigal Drive, targeting safety and efficiency at intersections along the route between Erina and Terrigal.
Improvements to the existing intersections along the route have been identified as a priority to improve safety, ease congestion during peak hours and provide capacity for future growth and development of the Central Coast region and the tourist area of Terrigal.
The benefits of the improvement works along Terrigal Drive include:
- Improved safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Increased efficiency on Terrigal Drive to improve traffic flow and reduce travel times and congestion at peak hours
- Improved public transport facilities.
- Charles Kay Drive and Brunswick Road Safety Improvements
- Intersection of Terrigal Drive and Bellbird Avenue
- Intersection of Terrigal Drive, Chetwynd Road and Tarragal Glen Avenue
- Intersection of Terrigal Drive and Havenview Road
- Jessie Hurley Drive and Portsmouth Road Safety Improvements.