Wyong Road intersection upgrades
Wyong Road is the major road linking the M1 Pacific Motorway with Wyong, Tuggerah, The Entrance and the surrounding coastal suburbs. The roundabouts at Enterprise Drive, Mingara Drive and Tumbi Road are heavily congested during peak hours.
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading three intersections along Wyong Road. This work includes replacing the roundabouts at Enterprise Drive, Mingara Drive and Tumbi Road with traffic lights to improve traffic flow and safety, while catering for future traffic growth.
Roads and Maritime is also upgrading the Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection at Tuggerah, which involves replacing the roundabout with traffic lights.
The benefits of the improvement works along Wyong Road will include:
- Improved safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Increased efficiency on Wyong Road to improve traffic flow and reduce travel times and congestion at peak hours
- Improved public transport facilities.
- Wyong Road intersection upgrades at Tumbi Road and Mingara Drive, Tumbi Umbi (due for completion end of 2018)
- Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection upgrade at Tuggerah (due for completion early 2019).
- Wyong Road intersection upgrade at Enterprise Drive (completed in October 2016)