Wyong Road intersection upgrades
Wyong Road is the major road linking the M1 Pacific Motorway with Wyong, Tuggerah, The Entrance and the surrounding coastal suburbs. The roundabouts at Enterprise Drive, Mingara Drive and Tumbi Road have been heavily congested during peak hours.
Roads and Maritime Services has upgraded three intersections along Wyong Road. This work included replacing the roundabouts at Enterprise Drive, Mingara Drive and Tumbi Road with traffic lights to improve traffic flow and safety, while catering for future traffic growth.
Roads and Maritime has also upgraded the Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection at Tuggerah, which involved replacing the roundabout with traffic lights.
The benefits of the works along Wyong Road include:
- Improved safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Increased efficiency on Wyong Road to improve traffic flow and reduce travel times and congestion at peak hours
- Improved public transport facilities.
- Wyong Road intersection upgrade at Enterprise Drive (completed in October 2016)
- Wyong Road intersection upgrades at Tumbi Road and Mingara Drive, Tumbi Umbi (completed January 2018, ahead of schedule)
- Pacific Highway and Wyong Road intersection upgrade at Tuggerah (completed November 2017, a year ahead of schedule).