$300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program
In February 2015, the NSW Government committed $300 million to ease congestion on 32 of Sydney’s busiest road corridors over the next 10 years.
- View or download the media release.
The funding will go towards reducing congestion and improving traffic flows on corridors such as Cumberland Highway, Parramatta Road, Old Windsor Road, The Kingsway, Campbelltown Road and Hoxton Park Road.
- View or download a full list of the corridors.
- Bexley Road and Canterbury Road, Campsie
- Blaxland Road, Eastwood
- VMS on Burns Bay Road, Penrose
- Canterbury Road and New Canterbury Road, Dulwich Hill and Hurlstone Park - new intersection improvements
- Canterbury Road and King Georges Road, Wiley Park
- Centennial Avenue and Epping Road, Lane Cove
- Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road
- Devlin Street, Blaxland Road and Parkes Street, Ryde
- Elizabeth Drive and Marsden Road, Liverpool
- Georges River Road, Portland Street and Lees Avenue, Croydon Park
- Great Western Highway, Church Street and Parkes Street, Parramatta
- Great Western Highway, Doonside Road and Brabham Drive
- Great Western Highway and Blacktown Road, Prospect
- Great Western Highway and Reservoir Road, Blacktown
- Henry Lawson Drive and Rabaul Road, Georges Hall
- VMS on Heathcote Road, Lucas Heights
- Hoxton Park Road and Flowerdale Road
- Hoxton Park Road and Hill Road, Lurnea
- Hoxton Park Road and Hume Highway, Liverpool
- Hoxton Park and Whitford Road, Hinchinbrook
- Kingsway and Gannons Road, Carringbah
- Kingsway and President Avenue, Caringbah
- Kingsway and Woolooware Road, Woolooware
- Mona Vale Road and Forest Way, Terrey Hills
- Narellan Road and Appin Road, Campbelltown
- VMS on Pacific Highway, Gordon
- Pacific Highway and Mona Vale/Ryde Road Pymble
- Pacific Highway between Turramurra and Wahroonga
- Pennant Hills Road and The Crescent, Pennant Hills
- Pennant Hills Road at North Rocks Road, Carlingford
- Punchbowl Road, Water Road and Burwood Road, Belfield
- Victoria Road and Bowden Street, Ryde
- VMS on Willoughby Road, Willoughby
What happens next?
We are carrying out investigation work to help develop a number of proposals as part of this program. The community will be invited to give their feedback on each of the proposals during their development and we will keep the community updated on the progress of the program.
News and updates
Roads and Maritime Services will continue to carry out investigation work to help develop a design for intersection improvements at Henry Lawson Drive and Rabaul Road, Endeavour Road and Haig Avenue, Georges Hall.
To complete the remaining work, we will back on site for another four night shifts between Wednesday 21 March and Friday, 13 April 2018, weather permitting. Our work hours will be between 9pm and 5am from Sunday to Friday. We will not work on public holidays.
For more information please view or download the community update or visit the Henry Lawson Drive and Rabaul Road, Georges Hall project webpage.