New England Highway
Roads and Maritime Services is carrying out a number of improvements on the New England Highway.
The New England Highway connects the Hunter region at its southern end to the Queensland border at its Northern end.
The vision for the New England Highway is to:
- Be an efficient corridor that caters for increasing growth
- Support rural industries by providing greater access for heavy vehicles
- Feature a sustainable maintenance program with heavy duty pavement to support transport needs
- Provide a reliable transport corridor which provides intra-regional, inter-regional and interstate links
- Enhance safety for all road users
- Provide a safe and efficient corridor through urban environments, while maintaining town amenity and safety for vulnerable road user
Completed, current or proposed improvements on the New England Highway include: