Oxley Highway to Kempsey - Pacific Highway upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading about 37 kilometres of the Pacific Highway to four lane divided highway from north of the Oxley Highway to south of Kempsey. The project is being delivered in two sections - from the Oxley Highway to Kundabung and from Kundabung to Kempsey with early work on the Sancrox interchange. This project is jointly funded by the Australian and NSW governments.
Timing of works
Sancrox interchange early work
- Contract awarded to Ferrovial Agroman (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Building started in August 2014
- Opened to traffic in November 2015.
Oxley Highway to Kundabung (about 23 kilometres), between the Oxley Highway and Barrys Creek near Kundabung
- Contract awarded to Lend Lease
- Building started in October 2014
- Opened to traffic in November 2017.
Kundabung to Kempsey (about 14 kilometres), between Kundabung and the southern end of the Kempsey bypass
- Contract awarded to McConnell Dowell OHL joint venture
- Building started in November 2014
- Opened to traffic in September 2017.