About this project
The Sapphire to Woolgoolga project is a 25 kilometre upgrade of the Pacific Highway to a four lane divided highway from Campbell Close in Sapphire to Arrawarra Beach Road, Arrawarra.
The upgrade will include a continuous alternative local road between Sapphire and Woolgoolga for local traffic.
A contract for the design and construction of the upgrade was awarded to a joint venture between Leighton Contractors and Fulton Hogan Pty Ltd. Construction started in August 2010.
The $850 million upgrade is jointly funded by the Australian and NSW governments.
- Improved road safety
- Uninterrupted highway traffic flow
- Easy access on and off the highway for local traffic.
- 25 kilometres of four lane divided roadway from Campbell Close, Sapphire to Arrawarra Beach Road, Arrawarra
- Continuous alternative local road between Sapphire and Woolgoolga
- Rest area at the Arrawarra interchange
- Bypass of the town of Woolgoolga
- Limited number of vehicle access points with interchanges at:
- Gaudrons Road/Split Solitary Road, Sapphire
- Moonee Beach Road/Hoys Road, Moonee Beach
- Fiddaman Road/Graham Drive South, Emerald
- Graham Drive North/Hearnes Lake Road, south Woolgoolga
- Arrawarra Beach Road, Arrawarra.