Leighton Contractors and Fulton Hogan Pty Ltd joint venture has been contracted to design and construct the 25 kilometre Sapphire to Woolgoolga Pacific Highway upgrade.
Construction commenced in August 2010.
What has happened
- Achieved full functionality of the project with the completion of the Sapphire Beach interchange
- Continued laying the low noise pavement between the southern tie-in at Korora and south Woolgoolga
- Continued installation of fencing
- Continued local road works
- Continued property works
- Completed removal of temporary works
- Continued to remove concrete barriers
- Continued removal of temporary erosion and sediment controls
- Continued construction of roundabouts at Emerald Heights, Unwins Road and south Woolgoolga interchange
- Continued the installation of directional signage and landscaping.
- Continued remediation of the borrow pit south of the Newmans Road underpass.
What is happening now?
- Placing the low-noise pavement (stone mastic asphalt) on sections of the northbound and southbound carriageways
- Continuing the installation of fencing
- Installing and maintaining erosion and sediment controls
- Continuing property works
- Continuing construction of roundabouts at Sapphire Beach, Emerald Heights and Unwins Road
- Continuing the installation of directional signage and landscaping.
Completing the remediation of the borrow site south of the Newmans Road underpass.
- Completion of fencing and property works
- Carry out post operational noise monitoring
- Complete sections of the shared pedestrian and cycle path.