The project team is committed to managing the environment responsibly and sustainably. The project team is made up of experienced and committed environmental professionals.
Environmental audits and inspections
Both the NSW Department of Planning and the NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water will audit and inspect construction activities on the project site.
An independent environmental management representative (ER) has been appointed by the Department of Planning to ensure the project's Conditions of Approval are met.
- Audit specific work activities
- Review reports
- Assess environmental monitoring data
- Inspect project sites.
The ER can be contacted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (02) 6687 7666 or 0419 237 988.
Construction Environmental Management Plan
A construction environmental management plan was developed prior to the start of construction.
The plan addresses a number of issues, such as construction activities, environmental management and strategies including:
- Environmental management procedures for construction processes
- Monitoring, inspection and test plans for all activities and environmental qualities, for example, specific tests and protocols
- Environmental management instructions for all complex environmental control processes that don't follow common practice or where the absence of such instructions could be potentially detrimental to the environment
- Consultation requirements with relevant government agencies.
The Plan also covers a range of issues:
- Noise and vibration
- Air quality
- Erosion and sedimentation
- Contaminated spoil and acid sulphate soils
- Spoil stockpile and disposal
- Waste/resources management
- Flora and fauna
- Resource use and recycling
- Utilities, access and traffic
- Property adjustments
- Heritage and archaeology
- Visual screening, landscaping and rehabilitation
- Hazards and risks
- Energy use
The plan is available to view or download from the project documents page.