Halfway Creek to Glenugie
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading 12 kilometres of highway. The project includes building twin bridges over Halfway Creek and Wells Crossing Creek. The project is about 70 per cent complete and expected to open to traffic in 2017, weather permitting.
Roads and Maritime Services has engaged Civil Mining Construction to build the Halfway Creek to Glenugie upgrade. This section once completed will join the new Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek upgrade and the existing Glenugie upgrade completed in February 2012.
October to December 2016
Upcoming work on the project will include:
- Moving Pacific Highway traffic on to the new northbound highway lanes between Kungala Road and Wells Crossing at Halfway Creek including opening the new northbound Halfway Creek bridge
- Continuing earthwork and drainage and installation of culverts
- Continuing concrete paving and saw-cutting
- Continuing revegetation along the new highway
- Completing Halfway Creek and Wells Crossing bridges
- Continuing crushing and screening of select material near Franklins Road at Glenugie
- Property adjustments
- Monitoring dust, noise and water quality.
For employment opportunities on this section contact:
- Phone: 1800 788 900 (dial #3)
- Email: community_HC2G@cmc.net.au
Woolgoolga to Glenugie - Community update
Notification for night work
Notification for night time concrete paving and saw-cutting
Notification for changed traffic conditions on the Pacific Highway at Halfway Creek
Activities November 2015 to January 2016
Notification of changes to access to southbound truck rest area at Halfway Creek
Activities August to October 2015
Notification of northbound truck rest area closure at Halfway Creek
Notification of early works between Halfway Creek and Glenugie
Letter to community outlining early work activities, work hours and contact details.
Community registration form
Registration form for the project