Soft soil (wave 3) Tyndale to Maclean
Roads and Maritime Services has contracted FKG Group to carry out soft soil treatment work and early work activities on the Woolgoolga to Ballina upgrade between Tyndale and Maclean.
Early work activities
Early work activities from June 2016 (weather permitting) include:
- Installing environmental controls including:
- Temporary fencing around heritage sites and sensitive vegetation areas to ensure they are protected from damage during building
- Nest boxes along the project alignment before clearing to ensure there are replacement hollows for wildlife
- Monitoring equipment where required for dust, noise and vibration
- Upgrading the main site compound at McIntyres Lane, Gulmarrad
- Installing boundary fencing for properties along the new highway alignment where required
- Clearing vegetation
- Preparatory work for intersection improvements along the Pacific Highway to create safe access points from the existing highway to the project alignment.
There will be some temporary traffic changes to ensure the work zone is safe. Reduced speed limits and lane closures may be in place for access and may affect travel times. Please keep to speed limits and follow the direction of traffic controllers and signs. For the latest traffic updates, you can call 132 701, visit livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW App.